Free & Easy, how-to crochet instructions including illustrations and abbreviations in English, Spanish and French. Let's get started.
1. Make a slip knot on hook, hold in the right hand. Thread yarn over left ring finger, under middle, and over index fingers, holding short end between the thumb and middle finger.
2. Pass hook under and over yarn and draw it through loop on hook. Repeat for as many stitches as the directions specify.
Single Crochet........sc = single crochet
3. Insert hook into second stitch from hook, under the two upper strands.
4. Pass hook under and over yarn and draw it through the stitch.
5. Pass hook under and over yarn again and draw it through the two loops on hook.
Half Double Crochet......hdc=half double crochet
6. With yarn over needle, insert hook into third chain, under the two upper strands. Draw up a loop.
7. Yarn over hook. Draw through the 3 loops, completing the half double crochet.
Double Crochet......dc=double crochet
8. Pass hook under and over yarn, insert hook into the fourth stitch from hook, under the two upper strands.
9. Pass hook under and over yarn and draw it through the stitch, then pass hook under and over yarn again. Draw yarn through the first two loops on hook. Pass hook under and over yarn again and draw it through remaining two loops on hook.
10. Pass hook under and over yarn twice, insert hook into the fifth stitch from hook, under the two upper strands.
11.Pass hook under and over yarn and draw it through the stitch. * Pass hook under and over yarn and draw through two loops, repeat from * twice more.
12. Using an afghan hook, make a chain the desired length. Insert hook in second stitch from hook, draw up a loop.
13. Keeping all loops on hook, draw up a loop in each chain stitch.
14. To work off loops, pass yarn under and over hook and draw through first loop.
15. * Pass yarn under and over hook, draw through two loops, repeat from *
16. One loop remains, to count as first stitch of next row.
17. * Insert hook under next vertical bar and draw up a loop, repeat from * across. Work off loops same as before.
Practice these basic crochet until you have a comfortable tension in your work. Then try a simple crochet pattern. If you are happy with the results of your trial pattern you will then be ready to try a more advanced project. Happy Crocheting
Term English Espanola Francais sc single crochet crochet sencillo simple crochet dc double crochet crochet doble double crochet inc increase aumentar augmenter dec decrease menguar diminuer tog together junto ensemble hdc half double crochet medio crochet doble demi double crochet tr treble or triple crochet crochet treble treble crochet yo yarn over pasar estambre por arriba agujar passez la maille par desssus l'aiguille dp double point aguja de dos puntas aiguille a deux bouts beg beginning lp(s) loop(s) sk skip rep repeat rnd round sl st slip stitch
( * = repeat following instructions a given number of times.)